How to use PC781 cluster
PC781 cluster consist of 4
Debian Linux boxes. Each computer has 300MHz Pentium II, 64Mb memory and
Viewsonic P815 monitor. Each computer is intended to be enhanced X-Terminal.
Heavy usage of this computers remotely is discouraged, but not prohibited:
you supposed to sit in front of those computers to use them.
Gnome desktop is installed on this systems
Some programs on PC781
Unlike other UN*Xes Linux is quite friendly, you will like it.
- ls --color display directory in color. You may want to
build a nice alias for yourself. (default dir=ls --color)
- rlpr - Print anywhere around
- a2ps, enscript - Text
to PS converter. You can print in russian too.
- gv Better version of ghostview
- xemacs You should know it by now.
- netscape, lynx WWW browsers.
- latex Very complete installation.
- xlock Lock your terminal.
- rvplayer Real Audio Player - listen to news on the Web.
You have to setup your Netscape preferences put 'rvplayer %s' in
"Application" window. (without quotes of course).
- xanim To view video files.
Last modified: Sat Apr 22 23:25:37 CDT 2000